Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Episode Four Point Five: Pronunciation and Fair Warnings

A Not-So-Quick Guide to Pronunciation in Vocaloid


A good rule of thumb is to pronounce all the vowels individually and you'll be fine. But here's just some quick stuff for correct (as far as I know) pronunciation of names.

Meiko: "may-koh". Pretty straightforward.

Kaito: "ky-toh". Technically the "a" and "i" are pronounced individually but when blurred together it sounds like that. Avoid long "a" sounds. Please?

Miku Hatsune: "mee-koo haht-soo-neh". Aren't my phonetic guides lovely? The "ne" is not license to pronounce a long preceding vowel. This isn't the English language anymore, kids! 

Rin: "rihn". Please don't mispronounce it? 

Len: "lehn". Again, very very easy.

Kagamine: "kah-gah-mee-neh". It is not a kaga-mine, whatever kind of mine that might be. 

Luka Megurine: "loo-kah meh-goo-ree-neh". Last names are a mouthful. For her first name thing "Luke" with an "a" at the end.

Gackupo Kamui: "gah-koo-poh kah-moo-ee". Not so sure but I'm pretty confident that's correct.

Gumi: "goo-mee". She is not a type of squishy sugary sweet. 

Lily: ... No. Just... like the flower.

Ryuto: "ree-oo-toh"

Piko Utatane: "pii-koh oo-tah-tah-neh"

Haku Yowane: "hah-koo yoh-wah-neh"

Neru Akita: "neh-roo ah-kee-tah"

Miki: "mee-kee"

Yuki Kaai: "yoo-kee kah-ah-ee"

Kiyoteru Hiyama: "kee-yoh-teh-roo hee-yah-mah"

Iroha Nekomura: "ee-roh-hah neh-koh-moo-rah"

Yukari Yuzuki: "yoo-kah-ree yoo-zoo-kee"

Mizki: "mihz-kee"

Yuuma: "yoo-mah"



So there ya go! 



Fair Warning



One of my characters informed me that if I did not give you guys a fair warning, she would be quite displeased with me, so here goes.

This weekend is my birthday, thus I am giving myself some more freedom in regard to the contents of this blog. Translation: FANGIRL TIME (Translation: KAITO KAITO EVERYWHERE)



End Note


So there you go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment