Thursday, June 7, 2012

Episode Six Point Five: Mini-Series!

So as we all know there are some song series out there. Like, you know, mothy's Evillous Chronicles, sasakure.UK's Do Vocaloids Dream of Doomsday Bird, and Jin's Kagerou Project. Well, this article will not be about those series. (though, the next bit of the Kagerou Project came out recently called "Kisaragi Attention" or something).

This article will be about those smaller mini-series, only lasting around three to two songs in length. The Kagamines show up frequently under this category. Also some of the PVs are annoying in i.e. the typical issue that artists have drawing Meiko for some reason, and some other such stuff. BUT ANYWAYS. Let's get to it, then!


Recycle Bin and Salvage- Rin and Len

By Shibashon P. 

Really, they're almost Exactly What It Says On The Tin. Though, I think Kaito and Meiko could've done at least a good cover of this, especially because of the story of Kaito's release, etc... hm. Oh well. 


Prisoner and Paper Plane- Rin and Len Tragedy

By Shujin P, not to be confused with ShinjouP.

I-I actually couldn't rewatch these... if I did I would melt into a sobbing wreck like the first time. OTL


Utopia, Faint Wish, New Millenium- Rin and Len again

By Shujin P once again. 

Not particularly a "tragedy" in the end, though Utopia and Faint Wish are a bit grim. When they're not being hilariously overdramatic. I mean really. Like Len trying to sound like Kaito in Utopia... XD I died. I. Died. 
Also the PVs for this are kind of annoying and a tad awkward so yeah. The 3D bits... XD Len's scream... 


The Riddler Series- Len and Rin


Ok so the awesomeness of this mini-series outweighs the... issues I have with the other one above. I mean really, the PVs are cool and the storyline is delightfully confusing. Who is the culprit, anyways?!


First Virus Resistance- Rin flying solo

I can't believe I forgot this. 
It's by Wonderful Opportunity

So it's kinda like Disappearance of Hatsune Miku except Rin's like "lolnope" and goes epic action hero on the virus. Seriously, this is full of rocking win.

Synchronicity- Len and Rin once again but it's so EPIC


By HitoshuzukuP
(epic cliffhanger, there's going to be a 3rd song eventually)

Ok this is just EPIC. With everyone and the whole scenario... agh. I love this series so much. Paradise of Light and Shadow has this thing where informative pictures sometimes go by real fast so you'll definitely have to watch that a couple times over. Or a couple thousand... Did I mention I like this series? 
Oh, and a partial translation of the webnovel thing. 


Color Chronicle- Kaito and Meiko (!) (Finally someone different!)



... agh, the latter half of Red Reflection makes me tear up every time... Yeah it's really KaiMei and awesome.
Ok so my issues with this series only go as far as the typical PV-artist-drawing-Meiko issue.
And the fact that I can't find english subs for Color Chronicle... oh well.
But, ok, Guardian Blue isn't too terribly compelling. But then Red Reflections like waBAM right in the feels and it's like suddenly Meiko leveled up or something and then it's saddd. *cry*
And Color Chronicle... I swear I saw subs for it a month ago or so... ah well. It gives me warm fuzzies and they so deserve that happy ending. 


ARPK- Luka, Miku

by baker

Alpacas, guys. Alpacas are cute.


"Strobe" Series- Miku

by PowaPowa-P
Strobe Light - I love that PV...

Really, I would classify it as a full-fledged series except that they're all basically the same song remixed and changed a bit. Always reminds me of Minecraft for some reason... 




SUDDENLY ALICE IN MUSICLAND


ok not a series or miniseries but it's cute, ok?

... and now Spaz shall go off and WRITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment